Monday, May 6, 2013

Palomino Blackwing Pearl Review Part 1



I just received my package of Palomino Blackwing Pearls for review. (thanks to Alex at pencils.com)



As I unboxed them I was immediately enamored by the paint on these things. It has a pearlescent glow to it. It is also smooth to the touch.

The photo probably does not do it justice. I also noticed that the imprint on the pencil is crisp and clear. The lettering is thin and clean. I sharpened the first pencil with my favorite hand sharpener (shown) and it took a point nicely.

The smell of the incense cedar is faint.
You can see in the photo at the top of this post that this pencil does write a slightly darker line than the Palomino Blackwing 602. Also you may notice I experienced a small bit of lead crumble on the 602 when I got to the "L" on Blackwing. This was also with a freshly sharpened 602. My initial thoughts on this pencil are positive. I will run the pencil through full paces tomorrow at work, and possibly tonight in my journal.
Stay tuned for part 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment